- Code ARTV2024
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
- Offered in See Future Offerings
This multi-disciplinary course explores concepts of memory in the construction of national identity, the role of memory in the archive and the exploration of memory in contemporary visual practice, film and fiction
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of important theoretical debates about memory and how they are mobilised in public discourses and institutions such as the memorial and the museum
- Relate theoretical debates about memory to developments in the visual arts.
- Present written and oral arguments about the ways in which memory and the past is configured in public discourses and institutions and within the visual arts.
1000 word written essay (25%) [Learning Outcomes 1-3]
2500 word essay (45%) [Learning Outcomes 1-3]
8 minute tutorial presentation (20%) [Learning Outcomes 3]
Participation (10%) [Learning Outcomes 1-2]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Three hours lectures and tutorial, seven hours independent study per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4527||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person||N/A|