- Code ASIA2203
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Asian Studies
- Areas of interest Archaeology, Non Language Asian Studies, History
Students who complete this course successfully
will be able to:
1. Discuss major research issues in Chinese archaeology;
2. Critique the portrayals of Chinese archaeology in history in academic literature;
3. Discuss the processes and impacts of major cultural events and developments in China during the range of
approximately 40,000 BC through AD 220;
4. Apply this information toward understanding the role of China and Asia in world history; and
5. Communicate knowledge of Chinese archaeology to general audiences.
One or two essays (4000 words), a learning journal (1000 words) or a final examination, and tutorial participation.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
32 contact hours per semester.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Watson, Burton, Early Chinese Literature, Columbia UP, 1962;
Mote, F.W., Intellectual Foundations of China, 2nd ed., Princeton UP, 1989.
Two ASIA coded courses amongst prerequisites.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|3366||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person|