- Code EMET3004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Econometrics
- Areas of interest Econometrics
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Juergen Meinecke
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
The course studies important extensions of the linear regression model. Topics include: endogeneity, natural experiments, binary dependent variables, time series regressions and panel data estimation. This is a hand-on course with a focus on applications in economics as well as business. A standard statistical software will be used during computer sessions, no special programming skills are required.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will
- understand the challenges of empirical modelling in economics and business
- understand the shortcomings of the standard linear regression model
- be able to apply important extensions to the linear regression model
- be able to express new econometric methods mathematically
- be able to think clearly about the relationship between data, model and estimation in econometrics
- use statistical software to study actual data sets
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|1755||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|