- Code GERM6502
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject German
- Areas of interest European Languages
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On successful completion, the student will:
- be able to communicate in very simple (1) spoken and (2) written German about topics covered in the course.
- be able to understand very simple (3) written and (4) oral German discourse about topics covered in the course
- be able to (5) apply reading and listening strategies to maximise comprehension of more complex written and oral discourse about topics covered in the course
- have gained a first awareness of (5) aspects of life and culture of the German speaking societies and (6) principles of intercultural communication.
- will be able to (7) specify how their learning of German relates and
contributes to other academic and/or professional activities they are
- Five tests grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, writing, listening, life and culture (50%) (2), (3), (4), (5), (6)
- Two assignments on written expression (in German) (13%) (2), (3), (5), (6)
- One in-class written expression task (in German) (12%) (2), (3), (5), (6)
- One oral examination task (10%) (1)
- One essay/ research project (1000 words, in English) (15%) (7)
Graduate students may attend joint lectures with undergraduates but can expect more rigorous assessment and additional assignment work tailored to their interests such as a research project on German language and culture.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
4 contact hours plus approximately 6 hours of regular work per week outside class.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2422||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|