- Code HIND6600
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Hindi
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students, both UG&PG, will be able to:
1. Select an appropriate formulation from a broad range of language to express him/herself clearly, without having to restrict what he/she wants to say.
2. Use the language for academic purposes, e.g. essay writing with appropriate referencing
3. Read and analyse longer texts and relate them to Hindi-Urdu speaking cultures.
4. Understand current affairs in the Hindi-Urdu speaking communities, and analyse and critique them
5. Conduct a small research project in Hindi. This includes developing research questions, finding relevant literature about the chosen topic, and structuring and writing a research essay.
6. Demonstrate generic skills, e.g., critical thinking, written and oral communication, research, teamwork.
Three outside-class written assignments - 600 words each equivalent - 45%
Five fortnightly quizzes - 200 words each equivalent - 25%
Three 10 minute oral presentations (recorded for assessment and feedback) - 30%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Three hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2715||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|