- Code HIST6226
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of History
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject History
- Areas of interest History
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the history of Nazi Germany
- Have an appreciation of the role of key interpretations of Nazi Germany’s social, cultural and political history
- Consolidate their strong research, writing and analytical skills in preparation for their graduate theses
- Be able to reflect critically on literature and arguments developed in key historical and theoretical materials.
- Develop further oral presentation skills
- Develop skills in project design and independent research
One major essay (6,000 words), on a topic designed by the student in consultation with the course convenor (90%). Assesses Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6.
Tutorial participation (10%). Assesses Learning Outcomes 1-6.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadOne 90 minute lecture and one tutorial per week. Students will be expected to spend an average of 7.5 hours per week outside these contact hours to prepare for tutorials, research and write their long research essays.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3225||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|