- Code INDG8001
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Indigenous Studies
- Areas of interest Anthropology, Development Studies, Indigenous Australian Studies, Human Rights
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Julie Lahn
- Janet Hunt
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon Successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Articulate the major debates about the theory and practice of Indigenous development;
- Analyse other people's writing about Indigenous development; and
- Write critically and analytically about Australian Indigenous development theory and practice and the surrounding debates.
Indicative AssessmentMinor Essay 1500 words 25% (LO 1,2,3)
Major Essay 3000 words 50% (LO 1,2,3)
Discussion Forum 1500 words 25% (LO 1,2)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadOne 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour lecture discussion as a group per week for 13 weeks for students who attend classes. For online students, 2 hour recorded lecture and one hour online discussion via Adobe Connect. All students are expected to commit a further 7 hours of independent study each teaching week of the semester (total 130 hours).
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsAll readings will be accessible through the Wattle site.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3748||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|