- Code LAWS8209
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Law School
- ANU College ANU College of Law
- Course subject Laws
- Areas of interest Law
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
A participant who has successfully completed this course should:
- be able to distinguish between the different legal forms of government corporations;
- be able to assess the legal advantages and disadvantages of each type of structure;
- be familiar with the regulatory environment within which these structures must operate;
- be familiar with the legal duties, liabilities and rights of person involved in these enterprises.
- Corporatisation, commercialisation, and privatisation
- Statutory corporations and government companies
- Government Business Enterprises
- Accountability and control
- Management and ownership structures
- Duties of Corporate Officers
- Non-Profit Objectives
Indicative AssessmentStudents must rely on the Approved Assessment which will be posted to the course homepage on the ANU Law website, prior to the commencement of the course.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
26 Contact Hours (Intensive Delivery)
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.