- Code MGMT3015
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Areas of interest Interdisciplinary Studies - Sustainability, Management
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Alexander Eapen
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
This course covers the formulation and implementation of strategies by corporations and businesses. The forces and factors that influence the choice of strategies, and their success or failure are examined. Topics include external analysis of opportunities and threats, internal analysis of capabilities and competencies, choice of strategy at functional, business, corporate and global levels, alignment of structures and controls with strategies and evaluation of strategies. The course draws upon case studies to highlight key concepts in strategic decision-making.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Analyse an organisation’s internal and external environments by applying appropriate theories, models, and/or frameworks;
- Formulate appropriate strategies to gain a competitive advantage at both business and corporate levels;
- Evaluate competing strategies; and
- Communicate strategies or strategic alternatives both in writing and verbally to facilitate organisational decision-making and problem-solving.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
Indicative AssessmentSee the course outline on the College courses page for the indicative assessment.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
At least three contact hours per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|1886||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|