- Code POLS3034
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Politics and International Relations
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Political Science
- Areas of interest Policy Studies, Political Communication, Political Sciences, Political Economy, Politics
- Academic career UGRD
- Katrine Beauregard
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Reflect on the importance of political parties for the democratic process.
- Explain the key concepts and themes in the study of political parties and party systems.
- Apply concepts and themes in the study of political parties and party systems to current cases and/or countries.
- Research and argue about a specific topic concerning political parties and party systems.
- Present research about parties and systems in a clear manner.
Indicative AssessmentPaper Proposal 15% (1000 words) (LO: 2, 3, 4)
Research Paper 35% ( 2500-3000 words) (LO: 2, 3, 4, 5)
Group Tutorial Presentation 10% (15 min) (LO: 1, 2, 3, 5)
Tutorial Participation 10% (LO: 1, 2, 3)
Final Exam 30% (2 hours, during the exam period) (LO: 1, 2, 3)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadA 2 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial per week for 13 weeks. Students are expected to commit a further 7 hours of independent study per teaching week over the semester (total 130 hours).
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3728||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|