- Code THAI2003
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Thai
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
(a) Reading of graded cultural texts
(b) written composition
(c) intermediate conversation and discussion
By completing this unit the student will be able to
- increase the proficiency of spoken and written Thai
- increase oral fluency
- build on understanding of Thai structure and discourse
- increase the awareness of and understanding of Thai culture and society as well the culture and society of Thailand's neighbouring countries
- increase your understanding of and interest in some contemporary issues in Thailand
Oral tests during the semester (40%), written assignments (40%), written mid-semester and final exam (20%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Four hours per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Review of Reading from Thai 2A
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|1357||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person|
|3667||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||Online|