- Code THAI3006
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Thai
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
- Academic career UGRD
- Chintana Sandilands
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
(a) Critical reading of Thai modern fiction, newspaper selections and other contemporary writing
(b) advanced conversation and discussion
(c) special reports on cultural topics
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By completing this unit the student will be able to -
- have a greater appreciation of the various genres of modern Thai prose
- be aware of the different forms of rhetorical structure in Thai prose
- be able to speak with increasing structural and lexical accuracy
- participate effectively in informal and some more formal conversations, discussions and debates
- be able to elaborate on your own reactions and attitudes towards the texts under discussion
- become familiar with some cultural references, proverbs and idiomatic expressions
Regular contribution to class discussion (20%), written assignments (30%), oral presentation (35%), final essay (15%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Four hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
To be advised
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|1362||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|
|3170||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|