- Code ARTV1604
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course provides a context to further explore creative possibilities interactive digital environments in creative arts practice. It builds on the experience acquired through completion of the previous project and enables the student to either extend that project or commence a different project that may relate to their major area of study. Occupation Health and Safety instruction is included.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of project-relevant electronic components.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in project-related circuit construction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project-related application programming.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the specific micro-controller application.
- Show understanding of physical computing as a creative practice.
- Identify and develop personal topics for individual research.
Indicative AssessmentStudio Project (80%) [Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6]
Visual Diary/Blog (20%) [Learning Outcomes 1 - 6]
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 hours per week lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice and 6 hours per week independent studio practice.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.