- Code ARTV2408
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Simon Cottrell
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Competently utilise a range of advanced techniques relevant to vessel construction in response to set tasks;
- Independently explore the potential of material/s relevant to vessel construction;
- Experiment with the application of concepts and processes relevant to vessel construction;
- Critically engage with historical and theoretical contexts relevant to Gold & Silversmithing Workshop projects
Portfolio of studio work (80%) [Learning Outcomes 1 - 4]
Written/Oral component (Total 20%) [Learning Outcomes 2 - 4]
• Studio Theory presentation
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 hours per week lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice and 6 hours per week independent studio practice for 13 weeks (Total 130 hours).
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3078||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|