- Code MGMT8022
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Alexander Eapen
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
This is a capstone course in the Master of Business Administration. The objective of this course is to provide an evidence-based understanding of best practice in strategic management, including business policy and corporate strategy. As a research-led course it will explore a range of strategic management theories, and half the assessment will take the form of a research project.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- define, explain and illustrate a range of strategic management theories;
- analyse an organisation’s internal and external strategically relevant environments by applying appropriate theories, models and heuristics;
- undertake an applied research project in the field of strategic management;
- explain how to apply evidence-based best practice strategy analysis and execution;
- demonstrate a critical understanding of strategic management theories and current empirical research associated with the topics covered in this course; and,
- communicate effectively in oral and written forms about strategic management theories and their application using appropriate concepts, logic and rhetorical conventions.
If you are commencing MoM or MBA in 2015, you should wait until the 2nd year of your program to enrol in MGMT8022 unless you have to complete your program requirement by the end of 2015.
Indicative AssessmentSee the course outline on the College courses page for the indicative assessment.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2425||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|