- Total units 48 Units
- Major code SCUL-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
This major is only available to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual Arts.
The Sculpture major provides students with the skills and knowledge to create works using a wide variety of materials and techniques through studio lessons, projects and independent work. Hot and cold casting, mould making, fabrication, assemblage and construction as well as installation, video and performance are possible creative outcomes.
Development is supported by regular critique and studio theory sessions. The Sculpture Workshop supports an extensive range of plant, tools and equipment and a professional foundry. The expertise of lecturers is complemented by highly trained technical officers and a dynamic program of visiting artists, artists-in-residence and graduates in residence.
Students who complete this major will have the skills and knowledge to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in sculpture.
- apply relevant skills and knowledge to realise artefacts and forms of creative expression.
- develop and evaluate concepts and process by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- work independently and collaboratively in a workshop environment in response to project demands.
- apply occupational health and safety regulations and principles within a workshop environment.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must include:
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ARTV1801||Sculpture: Constructed Form and Space , Through Investigations with Wood and Metal||6|
|ARTV1802||Sculpture: Plasticity, Observation and Abstraction Through Figure Modeling and Waste Moulding||6|
|ARTV2806||Sculpture: Bricolage Through Collecting, Collating and Construction with Found Materials||6|
|ARTV2807||Sculpture: Space and Reproduction Through Mould Making and Surface Replication||6|
|ARTV2808||Sculpture: Space and Shape Investigations with Soft Sculpture, Pattern Making and Armature||6|
|ARTV2809||Sculpture: Material Integration and Context Through Mixed Media and Advanced Processes||6|
|ARTV3801||Sculpture: Independent Work Proposal 1 Introduction to IWP||6|
|ARTV3802||Sculpture: Independent Work Proposal 2||6|