- Total units 24 Units
- Minor code CRMU-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
This minor consists of four compulsory courses in the basic language of music: theory and analysis, aural, improvisation and composition.
Upon completion of the Creative Musicianship Minor, students will have the skills and experience to:
- Hear, notate, describe and create advanced elements of musical structure: pitch, melody, harmony, rhythm, counterpoint, form and timbre;
- Demonstrate a grasp of sophisticated musical language and form as composer, improviser, or analyst;
- Use professional level standards in the presentation of musical works or ideas; and
- Write about music using sophisticated theoretical concepts and language.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
|MUSI1105||Creative Musicianship 1||6|
|MUSI 1106: Creative Musicianship 2|
|MUSI2203||Creative Musicianship 3||6|
|MUSI2204||Creative Musicianship 4||6|