- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Science
- Specialisation code SCNC-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The Science Honours specialisation is intended for students who have a broad and interdisciplinary training in science and are interested in undertaking an independent research project that crosses standard disciplinary boundaries. The honours specialisation is usually taken full time for two consecutive semesters and includes research training, in-depth analysis of current concepts in the fields as well as a substantial research project culminating in the production of a thesis. Honours is a solid foundation in the basics of research and can be an entry into many careers both within and outside of science.
Satisfaction of the admission requirements described in the relevant honours plan:
- with a major or equivalent in an area of science.
- and with the written approval of an identified supervisor for the research project.