- Total units 48 Units
- Specialisation code STAT-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The statistics honours specialisation is a program offered within the Research School of Finance, Actuarial Studies and Applied Statistics that offers students who have excelled in their undergraduate studies a challenging but rewarding year of study in statistics. We seek outstanding students who are keen to undertake independent statistical research with the guidance from academic staff. Past students graduating from the Honours in Statistics program have been highly successful in professional practice and a number have progressed to PhD studies.
1. 48 units from completion of one of the following majors or equivalent:
Quantitative Finance major
Mathematical Finance major
2. with a weighted average mark equivalent to an ANU 75 per cent calculated from the 36 units (i.e. 0.75 EFTSL) of courses with highest final marks, excluding 1000-level courses (i.e. introductory undergraduate courses), from the major above
3. and with the written approval of the Honours Convener.
The number of places available in the program may be limited by the Dean due to supervisory capacity.
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
42 units from completion of the following course(s):
|STAT 4500: Statistics Honours Thesis|