- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Chemistry
- Specialisation code CHEM-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The Chemistry Honours specialisation is intended for students who have a foundational knowledge of the field and are interested in undertaking an independent research project under the direction of a supervisor. The Honours specialization is usually taken full time for two consecutive semesters and includes research training, in-depth analysis of current concepts in the field as well as a substantial research project culminating in the production of a thesis. It provides a solid foundation in the basics of research, and can be an entry into many careers both within and outside of science, or a pathway to a PhD in chemistry.
- a major or equivalent in chemistry
- and with the written approval of an identified supervisor for the research project/thesis course.