- Code ARTV2105
- Unit Value 12 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
In Ceramics 5 individual work develops over the semester in response to critical discussion with staff and peers. Studio theory fosters each student’s ability to articulate a contextual framework for their developing practice, and to become responsible for the management of their self designed projects, including making, firing and finishing within a shared studio. in compliance with workshop occupational health & safety requirements.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate thorough knowledge of the processes, terminology, forms and materials of ceramics practice.
- apply appropriate skills and knowledge to the making of creative works.
- develop and evaluate concepts and processes by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- work independently and/or collaboratively in a workshop environment in response to project demands.
- reflect on social, ethical, cultural, technological and environmental issues of creative practice considering local and international perspectives.
Portfolio of studio work and visual journal (80%) [LOs 1, 2, 4]
and Documentation (20%). [LOs 1 and 3, 5]
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
12 hours per week lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice and 6 hours per week independent studio practice
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.