- Code ARTV2612
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Students will explore an additional range of photographic skills and technologies. Themes, subjects and intentions will be discussed and visual, conceptual and technical possibilities of photography are resolved in an integrated project. A continuation of the technical program and demonstrations will further the understanding and use of photographic materials and processes. Occupational Health and Safety instruction is included.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Consolidate photographic technical skills and use of equipment and technologies
- Select and integrate information from various sources in the creative exploration and experimentation of photomedia materials
- Formulate creative concepts using photomedia in the development of creative research practice
- Show awareness of communicate historical and theoretical contexts relevant to creative research practice
of studio work and visual journal (80%) and Documentation (20%).
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that
provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 hours per week lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice and 6 hours per week independent studio practice.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.