- Code ARTV4022
- Unit Value 12 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Rohan Nicol
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
First Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
This course provides students with training in research principles and methods as they relate to practice-led research. The course covers research writing modes and methods, studio investigative processes and methodologies, critical thinking. Students experiment with skills relevant to individual research projects.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Devise, plan and execute a body of studio investigations.
- Select and combine materials and processes skilfully to give visual form to ideas.
- Develop a studio-based methodology relevant for a specified topic.
- Apply progressive research questions to studio investigations.
- Identify and describe relevant historical and contemporary practices and relate them to the project's concerns by integrating studio and contextual investigation/research.
- Explain and provide a rationale for the practice-led research project.
Indicative AssessmentStudio Investigations (70%) Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4
Expanded Proposal, 1500 words (30%) Learning Outcomes 5, 6
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload260 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 39 hours of contact: seminar classes and lectures
b) 13 hours of workshop based tutorials, reading groups and/or critiques
c) 208 hours of independent studio and allied investigations
Requisite and Incompatibility
Completion of a cognate major
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3987||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person||N/A|