- Code BUSI2034
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Business
- Areas of interest International Business
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Vesna Sedoglavich
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
The course provides an overview of business in Europe and an examination of specific issues related to foreign companies doing business in Europe. Specific topics include the European business environment, European Union institutions, legal framework and policies, the growth of the European Union, emerging European economies, business strategy for the European market, marketing strategy in Europe, managing cultural diversity in Europe, human resource management issues in Europe and corporate governance and control in Europe.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- define, explain and illustrate the organisation of the EU and the European business environment, particularly aspects of cultural differences and European integration, and its impact on the strategies, organisation and management of private firms in Europe;
- research and critically analyse the issues confronted by firms doing business in Europe; and,
- communicate effectively in oral and written forms about the diverse facets of Europe and how to do business in this part of the world, using appropriate concepts, logic and rhetorical conventions.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
Indicative AssessmentSee the course outline on the College courses page for the indicative assessment.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
At least three contact hours per week plus private study time.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3291||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person||N/A|