- Code COMP1710
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Visual Arts, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Design Arts More...
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and be able to develop and design interactive web sites including multimedia content by applying current web design principles, guidelines and heuristics.
- Apply a user-centred focus to the design and development of web sites.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accessibility, compliance with standards, privacy concerns and personalisation for web sites.
- Understand and be able to separately control the content, the appearance and the behaviour of web sites.
For details see: http://cs.anu.edu.au/student/comp1710/
- Assignment 30%
- Active Participation 15% + Report 15% = 30%
- Examinations 40%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Thirty one-hour lectures and nine two-hour laboratory sessions
Cohen, June. Everything we've learned about why sites succeed! New Riders, 2003
Barfield, Lon. Interaction Design for Multimedia and the Web. Addison Welsey, 2004
Areas of Interest
- Digital Arts
- Visual Arts
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Design Arts
- Advanced Computing
- IT in New Media
- Creative Arts
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class start date
|Last day to enrol
|Class end date
|Mode Of Delivery
|15 Feb 2016
|26 Feb 2016
|31 Mar 2016
|27 May 2016