- Code COMP4630
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Computer Science, Information Technology
This course covers: essentials of first order logic, up to and including completeness proofs; introductions to proof theory and model theory; elements of modal and temporal logic; introduction to automated reasoning. Students will have the opportunity to read and present material going beyond that in the lectures.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Define several formal logical languages, their syntax and semantics.
- Explain inference mechanisms and their theoretical properties.
- Demonstrate how these languages and inference mechanisms can be applied to model and solve problems.
- Experiment with computer programs for automated reasoning.
- Develop mathematical proofs in the area of formal logic.
- 50% assignment
- 50% exam
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Thirty x 1hr lectures
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9443||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person||N/A|