- Code ENGN4536
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Xiangyun Zhou
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:1. Apply the cellular concepts to evaluate the signal reception performance in a cellular network.
2. Apply the traffic analysis to design cellular network with given quality of service constraints.
3. Determine the type and appropriate model of wireless fading channel based on the system parameters and the property of the wireless medium.
4. Analyse and design receiver and transmitter diversity techniques.
5. Determine the appropriate transceiver design of multi-antenna systems and evaluate the data rate performance.
6. Design wireless communication systems with key 3G (e.g., CDMA) and 4G
7. Describe and differentiate four generations of wireless standard for cellular networks.
Professional Skills Mapping:
Mapping of Learning Outcomes to Assessment and Professional Competencies
Assignments (12%); Laboratory (3%); Mid-Semester Exam (15%); Project (20%); Final Exam (50%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
- Main: A.J. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press, First Edition, 2005.
- Suggested: T.S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications: Theory and Practice, Prentice Hall, Second Edition, 2002
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8109||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|