- Code ENGN6537
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering, Electronics
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Pallage Abhayapala
- Dr Prasanga Samarasinghe
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
First Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:1. Analyse and evaluate the properties of LTI systems in terms of its z-transforms.
2. Understand the sampling theorem and perform sampling on continuous-time signals by applying advanced knowledge of the sampling theory (i.e. aliasing, quantisation errors, pre- filtering).
3. Apply the concepts of all-pass and minimum-phase systems to analyse the LTI system and address complex design problems.
4. Evaluate design problems related to frequency selective processing and design FIR/IIR filters.
5. Construct systems for spectral estimation of real signals by applying advanced knowledge of Fourier techniques.
6. Judge implementation aspects of modern DSP algorithms.
7. Apply the relevant theoretical knowledge to design and analyse a practical discrete-time signal system, such as a radar or audio system, using Matlab platform.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3381||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person||N/A|