- Code ENVS6201
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Fenner School of Environment and Society
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Environmental Science
- Areas of interest Earth and Marine Sciences, Environmental Science , Forest Science and Management , Resource and Environmental Management , Biodiversity Conservation
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. identify and apply appropriate methods to describe the key biophysical attributes of ecosystems (LO1)
2. select and use quantitative techniques to demonstrate an advanced understanding of the complex linkages between environmental and biological features in ecosystems (LO2)
3. critically interpret and communicate key information about ecosystems from diverse sources across a range of media and to a range of audiences (LO3)
Indicative Assessment1. Practical exercises (25%) [LO 1,2]
2. Research report (40%) [LO 1,2,3]
3. Poster (15%) [LO 2,3]
4. Exam (20%) [LO 1,2]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadA total of 130 hours, including 60 contact hours comprising lectures, tutorials, practicals and field trips and up to 70 hours of self study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsThere is no prescribed text. Reading material will be provided throughout the course.
Assumed KnowledgeENVS6218 Environmental Science Field School is strongly recommended, and/or equivalent academic training or professional experience.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9590||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|