- Code FREN6506
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject French
- Areas of interest European Languages, Language Studies
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Make appropriate use of tense (passé composé / imparfait) and mood (indicatif / subjonctif); (Assessment 1, 2 and 4)
- Demonstrate an ability to use connectors (for example, copulative and oppositional forms) in developing a written argument; (Assessment 1, 2 and 4)
- Develop the ability to give a presentation in French on a relevant topic on contemporary France; (Assessment 1, 2 and 4)
- Demonstrate familiarity with aspects of francophone culture beyond metropolitan France; (Assessment 3 and 4)
- Develop a greater capacity to analyse and synthesise audio/visual material on a political, literary or artistic theme from 10 minutes up to 15 minutes; (Assessment 3 and 4)
- Grammar: two tests (25%);
- Written: One in-class test and two written exercises (25%);
- Literature: one in-class test and one end-of-semester essay (1 500 words) on literary works studied (25%);
- Oral: a class presentation, Wattle-based activities and a listening comprehension test (25%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 hours of classes per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8272||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|