- Code HIND6200
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Hindi
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Peter Friedlander
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, all students will be able to:
1. To have further basic knowledge of the sound system and script of the Hindi language.
2. To be able to produce and comprehend various types of simple sentences/ expressions.
3. To be able to communicate in Hindi in situations involving every day life and limited topics.
4. To have obtained further basic knowledge about Indian cultures and peoples.
5. To have developed good self-study skills for Hindi language learning.
6. Demonstrate generic skills, e.g., critical thinking, written and oral communication, teamwork.
Three outside-class written assignments (each 600 word equivalent) – 1800 words - 45%
Ten weekly quizzes, (40 words each) - 400 words - 10%
One 1-hour in-class mid-semester test - 15%
One 10 minute final oral presentation - 15%
One 1-hour in-class final-semester test - 15%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Five contact hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7933||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|