- Code INFS8201
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Information Systems
- Areas of interest Business Information Systems
This course provides the requisite background to important theoretical and applied issues in information systems. It aims to deepen the candidate's grasp of the theories, techniques and methods commonly employed in information systems research.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate some of the important past and current research that has been undertaken within the information systems discipline;
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the diversity of research currently being undertaken within the information systems discipline;
- Identify research articles in the information systems discipline that they might wish to use in their theses or research report;
- Distinguish among research approaches in the information systems discipline and identify approaches that might be useful in subsequent work.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
- Critiques (4 x 10 marks each) - 40%
- Discussion and participation throughout semester - 20%
- Term paper - Review article outline - 10%
- Term paper - Research review article - 30%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours a week to completling the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Research School of Management to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2797||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person||N/A|