- Code ITAL6506
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Italian
- Areas of interest European Languages, History, Literature, Film
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate their understanding of extended speech, including lectures in Italian about diverse aspects of Italian history, and current affairs programs and films using an increasing variety of registers and spoken Italian;
- demonstrate their clear grasp of Italian grammar and related linguistic terminology;
- identify and produce more complex linguistic structures orally and in writing than in ITAL6505;
- demonstrate a higher command of a wide range of vocabulary, idioms and Italian gestures; phonetics and phonology of Italian;
- conduct independent research demonstrating a deeper understanding of issues in Italian history;
- conduct independent research, elaborate it and compose clear, analytical essays comparing issues and different perspective linked to Switzerland and Ticino.
Graduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates. Assessment will include additional assignment work and research essays, one on Italian cultural history and one on aspects of Swiss culture.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8133||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|