- Code ITAL6510
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Italian
- Areas of interest Art History, Contemporary Europe, European Languages, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, European Studies
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyse different processes at work in imaginative texts.
- Demonstrate different complex features of a text.
- Identify higher level structural patterns (e.g., grammar, lexicon, vocabulary) of a text.
- Demonstrate increasing grasp of the ‘invisible culture' or hidden meanings within words and grammatical structures.
- Analyse and critique different types and versions of Italian texts to demonstrate increasing socio-historical and linguistic context on Italian society.
- Critically engage with the voice of the author or director of a text/film.
- Construct creative or imaginative texts.
- Construct imaginative or creative texts of your own, both individually and collectively.
Indicative AssessmentGraduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates. Assessment will include additional assignment work and a research essay.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8131||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|