- Code JPNS3007
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Japanese
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
- Offered in See Future Offerings
Readings from representative works dealing with Japanese culture and society both modern and pre-modern.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Students will build advanced language skills in reading, writing, cultural analysis and debate in Japanese and an understanding of some of the features of Japanese culture and society.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Understand Japanese material related to the course subject area;
- Develop the confidence and expertise to engage in Japanese at an advanced level, and
- Develop content summary skills
- Develop information gathering, presentation and analytic skills – through group and individual activities
- Develop academic writing and presentation skills
- Develop higher level comprehension skills
Assignments/ In class quizzes 15%
Group Oral Presentation & Report 30%
Individual Project 25%
Final Exam 30%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Four hours per week over a nine week period
Requisite and Incompatibility
Web CT Site E-Materials will be available and additional photocopied materials will be provided
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4500||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||In Person||N/A|