- Code MATH3351
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Mathematical Sciences Institute
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Mathematics
- Areas of interest Mathematics
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Prof Pier Bouwknegt
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
This course introduces students to key concepts and techniques in mathematical physics. Topics will be taken from contemporary research areas in mathematical physics. Possible topics include Lie algebras, integrable models and conformal field theory.
Note: This is an HPC. It emphasises mathematical rigour and proof for a range of advanced Mathematical Physics topics.
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Explain the fundamental concepts of a special topic in mathematical physics.
2. Demonstrate accurate and efficient use of specific mathematical physics techniques.
3. Demonstrate capacity for mathematical reasoning through analysing, proving and explaining concepts from mathematical physics.
Assessment is expected to be based on:
- Three assignments (100% in total; LO 1-3)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
36 lectures and regular tutorials
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Mathematical Sciences Institute to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|2671||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person|