- Code MGMT3102
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Areas of interest Interdisciplinary Studies - Sustainability, Management
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Offered in See Future Offerings
Business cannot operate without the people who are its stakeholders, and the social and human capital that they provide. This course builds on MGMT2001 to give students a deeper understanding of the interrelationship between business and its social stakeholders, and how that relationship is best managed by business. Topics include defining and managing the relationship with stakeholders; and building, capturing value from, and protecting social capital.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements for this course, students should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Analyse the interrelationship between an business and its social stakeholders by applying appropriate theories, models, and/or frameworks ;
- Formulate appropriate policies and strategies to manage the interrelationship between business and its social stakeholders that enable outcomes that are both economically and socially sustainable; and
- Communicate these policies and strategies both in writing and orally to stakeholders to engender business support for socially-sustainable outcomes.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
Indicative AssessmentSee the course outline on the College courses page for the indicative assessment.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
3 hours class contact plus 7 hours private study per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4752||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|