- Code STST8108
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Strategic Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
The Special Topic is designed to showcase a new area of teaching and to allow students to learn from visiting specialists at the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre.
This course is only open to students posted to the Australian Command Staff College.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students should be able to:
1. Describe and identify the major concepts associated with the special topic area;
2. Evaluate and confidently apply these concepts to historic, contemporary and hypothetical situations;
3. Possess a thorough empirical knowledge of the special topic area;
4. Conduct research on the special topic area and critically evaluate approaches to the study of the special topic area;
5. Demonstrate effective communication skills;
Short Assignment (20%), Essay (40%), Examination (40%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Teaching will occur intensively across approximately 10 working days. Assessment is scheduled during and after the teaching period as part of the overall program timetabling.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Core reading materials will be available as an e-brick.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.