- Code ECON2111
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Economics
- Areas of interest Economics
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
The course will treat the subjects covered in Microeconomics 2(P) in greater depth. This includes rationality, choice under uncertainty, the theory of the firm, and game theory.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
In addition to the learning outcomes for the pass component of this course honours students will:
- use formal economic analysis to extend the intermediate microeconomics;
- use basic mathematics to formalise economic problems and interpret the economic intuition;
- be exposed to more advanced applications of economic analysis, including using game theory to understand outcomes where individuals and firms strategically interact;
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
Take home asignments, a mid-semester exam and final exam. Details to be determined at the commencement of the course.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Lectures and tutorials as for the pass course, together with an additional 2 hour class (combination of lecter and tutorial) per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.