- Code ECON8003
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Economics
- Areas of interest Economics
This course will focus on contemporary policy issues in the Australian economy. The lectures will be delivered by Professor Gregory and experts within the ANU and by visitors drawn from government departments and other universities. The more important topics are taken from the following policy areas; the labour market, welfare, immigration, education and economic growth.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By successfully completing the course, students will:
- have a better understanding of the way to analyze economic policy issues from an economic, social, political and historical perspective;
- understand how to undertake policy analysis of problems drawn from the Australian economy; how to apply economic theory and use various innovative statistical techniques to judge effectiveness and outcomes of policies;
- have the ability to organize relevant theory and data to be applied to policy issues;
- develop better judgement and insight as to the data and theory that should matter in individual policy examples.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
4 hrs (3-5 hrs additional hrs outside class time)
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8188||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|