- Code INFS2024
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Information Systems
- Areas of interest Business Information Systems
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Alexander Richardson
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2016
See Future Offerings
This course aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully undertake information systems analysis. Lectures and tutorials provide coverage of the concepts, skills, methodologies, techniques, tools and perspectives considered essential for systems analysts working with modern information systems and their development.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By the end of this course, you are expected to have attained a knowledge of or proficiency in the following areas:
- Basic systems theory and the context within which information systems analysis is carried out;
- Eliciting information system requirements;
- Constructing process, logic and data models using traditional modelling techniques;
- Basic object-oriented modelling using UML; and
- “Soft” aspects and techniques in systems analysis.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
The course assessment comprises two parts:
- Tutorial work 40%
- Final Examination 60%
To pass automatically you need to achieve: 50% or more as an aggregate mark for the assessment as a whole; and at least 40% for your tutorial work and in the examination
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2695||15 Feb 2016||26 Feb 2016||31 Mar 2016||27 May 2016||In Person||N/A|