- Code ITAL6504
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Italian
- Areas of interest European Languages, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Visual Arts, European Studies, Literature
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- understand more complex texts than in ITAL6503: written, aural and visual material on different topics relating to linguistic and inter/cultural areas (stereotypes about Italians; media; literature; the ‘new' Italian family; folk traditions; the environment, etc);
- interact orally with a greater degree of fluency and spontaneity than in ITAL6503, present their analysis and sustain their critical opinions about a variety of issues and texts fluently and accurately;
- conduct further independent research for their projects on Italian language, culture and society;
- apply their skills (grammatical, lexical and cultural) to write, coherently and accurately, descriptive, analytical and imaginative texts (poetry) comparing their own culture to the target culture/s.
Indicative AssessmentGraduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates. Assessment will include additional assignment work and a research essay on aspects of Italian language, culture and society.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8134||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|