- Code JPNS3024
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Japanese
- Areas of interest Asian Languages, Cultural Studies, History, Sociology, Asian Studies
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate basic empirical knowledge of law, international relations and/or economics.
- understand and speak about key concepts and issues of Japanese law, international relations and/or economics.
- read and understand Japanese texts on various issues in the relevant fields.
- write essays in Japanese on the relevant topics.
(1) two short translations (50%, ie 25% each), (2) one final translation (40%), and (3) classroom participation and preparation of in-class readings (10%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Three hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Culture History and Language to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
The course materials will be prepared by the lecturer and available as handouts or as an e-Brick
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9643||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|