- Code MKTG2023
- Unit Value 6 units
The need for specialised skills in Services Marketing has grown in recognition of the important role of services in advanced economies. This course addresses the essential nature of services and the role of service quality. Employees' role in service delivery and the emotional load for service workers form an important focus of the course. Service sector firms face increased competition and more demanding customers. Marketers need to develop a distinct set of competencies to design, mange and evaluate the processes and performances that comprise the service offering.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Define, explain and illustrate services marketing concepts, including the services marketing mix, and their application to profit oriented and non-profit service delivery;
2. Synthesize and relate theory from a range of academic sources to services marketing conceptual frameworks.
3. Consider the key elements underpinning the design, planning and implementation of services marketing plans and strategies;
4. Critically evaluate case studies, identifying and analysing problems and then making recommendations for practical implementation;5. Communicate effectively, individually and in teams, in oral presentation and written forms using the concepts and terminology of the marketing discipline.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9153||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|