- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code DAFY-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
Students who complete this specialisation will be able to apply the different methods of research and analytical tools relevant to one or more qualitative, quantitative and web-oriented research settings. Students will practice research design and data analytical skills applicable to at least one of these main social research approaches.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- construct criminal justice relevant testable research questions applicable to social research;
- apply a range of advanced research and analytical tools relevant to one or more qualitative, quantitative and web-oriented research settings; and
- communicate analytical approaches used in social science to a general and specialist criminological audience.
A course used to satisfy the requirements of one list or Specialisation may not be double counted towards satisfying the requirements of another list or Specialisation.
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
|SOCR8001||Statistics for Social Scientists||6|
|SOCR8002||Survey Data Analysis||6|
|SOCR8003||Qualitative Research Analysis||6|
|SOCR8005||Social Science of the Internet||6|
|SOCR8006||Online Research Methods||6|
|SOCR8007||Survey Data Analysis II||6|
|SOCR8008||Qualitative Social Research||6|
|SOCR8009||Quantitative Social Research||6|
|SOCY8014||Social Networks: Concepts, Analyses and Methods||6|