- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code LATN-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
ANU is Australia’s leading university in research and teaching of languages. Make the most of your opportunity to learn a new language, or extend your knowledge of a language you already know, while applying to this language the skills of analysis and description that you will master in your degree.
Specialists from the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences will equip you with critical language learning approaches and an in-depth understanding of how to apply that knowledge. You will be taught by Latin specialists, linguists and experts in oral, dramatic and textual arts.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate a consolidated and extended command of Latin grammar and vocabulary;
- demonstrate general fluency in reading comprehension covering texts in different registers from simplified texts to foundational texts;
- understand key aspects of culture, history, politics and society;
- demonstrate approaches and methodologies for critical thinking not only about the ancient sources but also the discourse of our own world; and
- conduct research on a topic related to the Latin-speaking world, and to write an essay on their research outcomes.
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
A minimum of 12 units must come from completion of courses from the following list:
A maximum of 12 units may come from completion of courses from the following list:
|LANG6001||Translation across Languages: The Translation of Literary Texts||6|
|LANG6002||Translation across Languages: Specialised Materials||6|