- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code MKTG-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
The specialisation in Marketing combines aspects of economics, commerce, psychology, sociology and statistical analysis in the assessment of market behaviour and the development of appropriate business responses.
Graduates with a marketing specialisation will have a coherent body of knowledge of the fundamental principles of marketing, and an understanding of conceptual frameworks as a basis for future discover in marketing education and practice.Skills
Graduates with a marketing specialisation will have:
- Cognitive skills to review, analyse, consolidate and explore marketing knowledge, and insights into marketing applications;
- Technical skills to demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental applications of marketing with insight and creativity;
- Cognitive skills to exercise critical thinking, creative problem solving and evidence led judgement in recognising, and address marketing problems; and,
- Communication skills to present concise and coherent exposition of marketing knowledge, and to convey marketing ideas in an appropriate language for business audiences.
Graduates with a marketing specialisation will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills
- with judgment, planning, and problem solving in scholarship; and,
- to adapt marketing knowledge, and to seek further marketing learning and insight through their own learning and professional practice.
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
18 units from completion of the following course(s):
|Consumer Behaviour and Analysis
|MKTG 7058: Applied Market Research
6 units from completion of the following course(s):