- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Asian Languages, Translation Studies, Asian Studies, Asia Pacific Studies, Language Studies More...
- Specialisation code SKRT-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
ANU is Australia’s leading university in research and teaching of languages. Make the most of your opportunity to learn a new language, or extend your knowledge of a language you already know, while applying to this language the skills of analysis and description that you will master in your degree.
Specialists from the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific will equip you with critical language learning approaches and an in-depth understanding of how to apply that knowledge. You will be taught by Sanskrit Studies specialists.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate general fluency in oral and written expression as well as in aural and reading comprehension, covering expression in different registers from everyday language use to academic language;
- express themselves orally and in writing in different genres;
- understand key aspects of culture, history, politics and society;
- perform and record presentations or songs in Sanskrit either individually or in cooperative groups, and answer questions based on those performances; and
- conduct research on a topic related to Sanskrit and its associated cultures, and to write an essay on their research outcomes.
Areas of Interest
- Asian Languages
- Translation Studies
- Asian Studies
- Asia Pacific Studies
- Language Studies
- Asia-Pacific Studies
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
A minimum of 12 units must come from completion of courses from the following list:
|SKRT 6108: Readings in SAsian Cultures|
|SKRT6201||Introductory Spoken Sanskrit||6|
|SKRT6508||Advanced Readings in South Asian Cultures||6|
A maximum of 12 units may come from completion of courses from the following list:
|LANG6001||Translation across Languages: The Translation of Literary Texts||6|
|LANG6002||Translation across Languages: Specialised Materials||6|