- Code ARTH2104
- Unit Value 12 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Art History
- Areas of interest Art History, Museums and Collections, Asian Studies, Creative Arts, Heritage Studies
The Asian Art In-Country course is run as an in-country intensive. Students will spend up to 9 days in an Asian country studying art and culture first hand, visiting historical sites and museums.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- Recognise key art historical themes related to the country visited
- Relate art objects to their historical and contemporary milieu
- Analyse works of art, in writing and orally, using relevant art historical methodologies
- Undertake independent research and present their own perspectives on key themes of Asian Art
- Preliminary paper (1500 words) 10% [LO 2 and 4]
- Two in-country presentations of 1000 words (to be researched prior to departure) related to the significance of a particular site, with written hand-outs, for distribution to course participants (20% each) [LO 1, 3 and 4]
- Research paper (5000 words) 40% [LO 2, 3 and 4]
- Course diary (1500 words) 10% [LO 1, 2 and 3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload260 hours of study hours of total student learning time made up from in-country site visits, reading, and preparing assignments
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Art and Design to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
A companion to Asian art and architecture, edited by Rebecca M. Brown and Deborah S. Hutton Chichester, West Sussex, UK ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|6744||14 Aug 2017||14 Aug 2017||15 Sep 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person||N/A|