- Code FREN6510
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject French
- Areas of interest Cultural Studies, European Languages, European Studies, Language Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
- Offered in See Future Offerings
This special topics course invites students of advanced French to reflect critically on historical and sociocultural aspects of France, the Francophone world, and the French language through in-depth analysis of texts and materials from a variety of sources. The medium of instruction and assessment will be French. Specific topics covered will vary.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Carry out in-depth critical analysis of primary texts, especially in terms of their aesthetic, linguistic, and sociohistorical elements.
- Compare and contextualise complex viewpoints in French.
- Formulate, present, and evaluate sophisticated and original arguments in French.
- Engage in extensive critical dialogue with classmates in French.
Indicative AssessmentAt least two pieces of written work totalling 6000 words [Learning Outcomes 1-4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact: 36 hours of class time per week
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|The French Language in Space and Time|
|4131||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|